Since 1889, the mission of the Siouxland Humane Society has been to provide services and programs that promote the humane treatment of animals in the Siouxland area. It is a unique mission since our organization is the only private, non-profit agency in Siouxland dedicated to animal welfare.
- In-Shelter Animal Care such as walking, bathing, grooming and socialization of animals.
- Fundraising, e.g. Gourmet Apple Project, Paws ‘n' Claus Holiday Photo Project, Holiday Dog Biscuits, Dinner/Benefit Auction, Animal Walk, etc.
- Humane Educators, a speakers' bureau for Humane Education and Public Relations, e.g. humane education for school children, speaking at service clubs and other organizations. (Sorry, Adults only.)
- Animal Advocates, a trained group of volunteers who write and/or phone (using a designated calling tree) various local & state officials on selected animal welfare issues. (Must have Email Address.)
- Pet-Facilitated Therapy/Pet-Loss Support Program that entails on-site & off-site interactions with aged and disabled members of our community, as well as help to coordinate our pet-loss support program. (Sorry, Adults only.)
- Foster Care Program that involves serving as a foster "parent" for animals awaiting adoption. Primarily are litters of kittens or puppies with special needs. (Sorry, Adults only.)
- Out-Reach Programs, e.g. off-site adoption efforts to place animals at local venues such as Sam's Club & Petco; also, help with public promotions and education, Rivercade and other parades.
For more information about the Siouxland Humane Society and how to volunteer go to www.siouxlandhumanesociety.org.