Early Morning Attic Fire Caused by Electrical Malfunction - Siouxland News - KMEG 14 and FOX 44

Early Morning Attic Fire Caused by Electrical Malfunction

SIOUX CITY, IA - Sioux City fire marshals have determined the cause of an early morning house fire.

 That fire broke out in the attic of a one-story house in the 2800 block of Second Street about 1:30 Tuesday morning, causing heavy damage to the roof and water damage to the rest of the home.

The cause of that fire has been determined to be an electrical malfunction in the attic. Seven fire trucks and 17 firefighters were needed to put out the fire because of the hot and humid conditions. The two people in the home were able to get out safely. The home has been red-tagged by the city.
 

Powered by WorldNow

Siouxland News
100 Gold Circle
Dakota Dunes, SD 57049

Main Phone: 712-277-3554
Main Fax: 712-255-5250
Email: webmaster@siouxlandnews.com

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2009 WorldNow and Sinclair Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.