Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
LONDON, Feb. 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
Strong Global Growth as the Smart Market Accelerates
As the smart grid continues to develop, metering is a key building block in the process, enabling the accurate measurement of consumption and allowing utility companies to move toward real-time pricing and policies to try and reduce peak demand. The market is being driven by increased regulations and, in some markets, a desire to minimise non-technical losses. For this research study – the global advanced metering infrastructure market – leading participants in the smart meter market were interviewed to understand the latest developments in this market. The study period is from 2010 to 2017 and the forecast period is from 2012 to 2017.
Europe; Russia and CIS
• Spain is currently the most important market in Europe as the major utilities are rolling out nationwide implementation.
• Scandinavian countries are also nearing completion of their roll outs.
• Strong growth is predicted from 2015 onwards as France and the United Kingdom (UK) begin roll outs.
• It currently accounts for approximately X% of the global shipments, although its meters are cheaper and have lower functionality than those found in Europe and North America (NA).
• The market is driven by mandated smart metering roll out in Australia (Victoria); New Zealand is market led.
• South Korea and Japan are the next big hot spots after China.
North America (NA)
• The stimulus funding (which drove the market in recent years) has dried up. Unit shipments will decline as project focus is moving toward smaller utilities and supplying services to existing meters.
South America (SA)
• Minimising non-technical losses is the key driver in this market. The absence of any mandatory regulations is a major concern.
Middle East and Africa (MEA)
• The MEA market is still at a very early stage of development. With a few exceptions, such as Dubai, there has been minimal AMI investment with the focus on project trials.
• GCC states such as Qatar and Bahrain are likely to implement metering in the next few years.
1. Global AMI implementation is largely driven by regulations forcing utilities to install metering. Minimising electricity losses is a strong secondary driver.
2. Greater standardisation is expected and this should lead to higher inter-operability in the future.
3. Meter roll outs will create massive opportunities for service and solutions companies. Data security is probably the most important element in the sector.
4. China will dominate the market, but this is largely a closed market to competition. Western manufacturers are more focused on opportunities in developing markets in Southeast Asia and the Middle East.
5. Competition among market participants is high across tiers and product segments. Chinese and Asian manufacturers are expected to pose a greater challenge to the traditional participants.
Geographic Coverage: Global
Study Period: 2010–2017
Base Year: 2012
Forecast Period: 2013–2017
Monetary Unit: US Dollars
• Unit: Smart meter units supplied for pilot projects and government-mandated deployments or roll outs in residences
• Smart Meter Revenue: Unit shipment of meter multiplied with average cost of meter
• AMI Revenue: Revenue generated from all application segments
• North America (NA)
• South America (SA)
• Russia and CIS
• Middle East and Africa (MEA)
• Asia Pacific (APAC)
The following segments are analysed in the AMI market:
• Smart meters and modem
• Communication Network
• Meter data management
• Customer and programme data management
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
What is the current market situation and what is the forecast market growth rate?
What are the factors influencing the growth of the global AMI market and to what extent do they have an impact?
What are the factors influencing the growth of the regional AMI markets? Which will have high levels of market activity and which are still in the development stage?
At a regional level, which countries offer the best growth opportunities in the future?
Which are the key participants in the global and regional markets?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Advanced Metering Infrastructure Analysis
4. Total AMI Market
• External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
• Forecast and Trends
• Market Share and Competitive Analysis
5. North America Breakdown
6. South America Breakdown
7. Europe Breakdown
8. Middle East and Africa Breakdown
9. APAC Breakdown
10. China Breakdown
11. Russia and CIS Breakdown
12. The Last Word
Read the full report:
Global Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) Market
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.