Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE RD Legal Funding
CRESSKILL, NJ, Sept. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- October 3rd, 2013 is the final deadline for first responders and others eligible for compensation to apply to the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund (VCF). It is important to understand that just because a person is registered with the World Trade Center Health Program (WTCHP), they are not automatically registered for the VCF. People who have health problems should register separately for both.
Officials from the VCF have been pushing to get the word out to possible applicants. They held several town halls throughout New York City to inform people about the process, how it works, and when the deadline is. The Special Master of the fund, Sheila Birnbaum, attended a few of them herself. While advocates like the FealGood Foundation say they are going to fight to get the deadline extended, they have also said now is the time for first responders and anyone who is eligible or thinks they might be eligible to register with the VCF.
Recently, an announcement was made adding prostate cancer to the list of cancers now covered under the James Zadroga Act. This means responders will be able to get treatment from the WTCHP at the various clinics dedicated to helping people affected by 9/11.
Over 30,000 people have registered for the VCF. To date, the VCF has only paid about $14 million, due to reasons including incomplete applications and a backlog in the review process. RD Legal Funding stands ready to help first responders who can't afford to wait for the second portion of their award due to them in late 2016. The first advance by the VCF will be given after the determination is made that the applicant is qualified and an award letter is sent. At that point, claimants will only receive 10% of the award with the remaining 90% coming in late 2016.
If you are a first responder and want more information about how RD Legal Funding can help you access the 90% portion due to you in late 2016, contact Joseph Genovesi, President of RD Legal Funding, at 800-565-5177, ext. 140. If you have your award letter and are ready to begin the application process, please fill out our brief online application.
Read more news from RD Legal Funding.
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.